Kuwait says Shia mosque suicide bomber was Saudi national, driver detained
Police have arrested a number of people, among them a Kuwaiti citizen, suspected of being behind a suicide bombing at a Shiite mosque that killed 27 people, Kuwait's Interior Ministry said early Sunday.
Kuwait City: A suicide bomber who carried out a deadly attack claimed by the Islamic State group on a Shiite mosque in Kuwait was a Saudi national, the interior ministry said Sunday.
In a statement carried by the official KUNA news agency, the ministry identified the attacker as Fahd Suleiman Abdulmohsen al-Qaba'a.
The ministry said that Qaba'a entered the country through Kuwait Airport at dawn on Friday, the same day of the bombing.
IS claimed the attack, which killed 26 and wounded 227 worshippers at the Al-Imam Al-Sadeq mosque in Kuwait City.
The ministry statement provided no further details about the bomber.
Earlier on Sunday, the ministry said that security services arrested the driver of the car that transported the bomber to the site of the attack.
Authorities have also detained the owner of the house where the bomber was staying. He was described by the interior ministry as a Kuwaiti national who subscribes to "extremist and deviant ideology".
The driver, named as Abdulrahman Sabah Eidan Saud, was described as an "illegal resident" born in 1989.
Authorities on Saturday arrested the owner of the car, Jarrah Nimr Mejbil Ghazi, born in 1988, and also listed as a stateless person.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro at ₹499 for the first year. Use code PRO499. Limited period offer. *T&C apply
The two nations have combined to deliver some of the most storied matches in the tournament's history, including the 1987 and 2011 finals, both won by the All Blacks.
World Radio Day 2021: All you need to know about significance, history and theme of day celebrated on 13 Feb
According to United Nations, this year's theme 'New World, New Radio' is an ode to the resilience of the medium and its capacity for perpetual adaptation
Indian pro boxer Lalrinsanga Tlau to fight for vacant WBC Youth World Super Featherweight title in March
Lalrinsanga Tlau is four-fight old in the professional circuit and has an unbeaten record, which includes two Technical Knockouts.