British Muslim ISIS fighter uses Telegram app to call supporters for London attacks

A 30-year-old British Muslim Islamic State fighter has been allegedly using an encrypted messaging service Telegram to call on his supporters to launch bomb attacks in London.

PTI April 16, 2017 16:54:40 IST
British Muslim ISIS fighter uses Telegram app to call supporters for London attacks

London: A 30-year-old British Muslim Islamic State fighter has been allegedly using an encrypted messaging service Telegram to call on his supporters to launch bomb attacks in London. Omar Hussain, a former supermarket worker from Buckinghamshire who had fled to Syria in 2013, has also posted bomb-making guidelines using the same service. Hussain has called on his followers to carry out a nail bomb assault similar to the attack in St Petersburg which killed 15 people earlier this month, the 'Mirror' reported.

British Muslim ISIS fighter uses Telegram app to call supporters for London attacks

Representational image. Reuters

He reportedly posted a picture of a finished explosive device with a caption that said: "Looks like creme brulee." Hussain had left his UK home to join the al Qaeda-affiliated group Jabhat al-Nusra before switching allegiance to the ISIS terror network.

In December last year, he had delivered a Christmas message urging followers to rob party-goers in order to get money for knives and bombs. "At Christmas, the kafir (non-Muslims) are loaded with money so it's the best time. Wait around the corner from a pub for a drunk kafir (non-Muslim) to exit and go down an alleyway," he wrote on a secure message service. "Once in the alleyway it only takes a few punches for a drunk kafir to fall unconscious.

Take a few ikhwa (brothers) and u can rob him. They could stab a kafir or slit his throat. I had friends in the UK who would do this in London and they never once got caught," he wrote. Hussain, who had completed a university course in IT in Britain, has now reportedly taught graphic design to students in the the war zone. He first came in news when he appeared in an ISIS propaganda video, urging then Prime Minister David Cameron to send troops to fight the terror group, vowing "we'll send them back one by one in coffins".

Updated Date:

also read

Mumbai court remands Raj Kundra to 14-day judicial custody in pornography case
Entertainment

Mumbai court remands Raj Kundra to 14-day judicial custody in pornography case

Raj Kundra moved the court for bail and his plea hearing is pushed to 28 July.

UK High Court declares Vijay Mallya bankrupt for Indian banks to realise debt
India

UK High Court declares Vijay Mallya bankrupt for Indian banks to realise debt

The 65-year-old businessman, meanwhile, remains on bail in the UK while a "confidential" legal matter, believed to be related to an asylum application, is resolved in connection with the unrelated extradition proceedings

Health minister Sajid Javid apologises for saying UK should not 'cower' from COVID-19
World

Health minister Sajid Javid apologises for saying UK should not 'cower' from COVID-19

"I was expressing gratitude that the vaccines help us fight back as a society, but it was a poor choice of word and I sincerely apologise," Javid said