Bangladesh army says it now believes not all cafe attack victims foreign | Reuters

NEW DELHI Bangladeshi authorities now believe that not all of the 20 victims killed in an attack on a cafe in Dhaka were foreigners, army spokesman Colonel Rashidul Hasan told Reuters.

The army had said earlier on Saturday that all 20 people killed were foreign but now believes some were locals. The army will not be able to release the victims' nationalities until later on Saturday, he said.


(Reporting by Tommy Wilkes; Editing by Nick Macfie)

This story has not been edited by Firstpost staff and is generated by auto-feed.

Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.

Updated Date: Jul 02, 2016 23:01:57 IST

Also See