6 Pakistan security men killed in Balochistan day after terror attack on paramilitary convoy
At least six security personnel have been killed in terror attacks in Pakistan's troubled Balochistan province.
Karachi: At least six security personnel have been killed in terror attacks in Pakistan's troubled Balochistan province.
This morning, a police constable was gunned down in Quetta following an attack on Monday in Turbat when militants shot dead five Frontier Corps (FC) personnel.
The policeman identified as Naseer Ahmed was on his way to work when two unidentified gunmen on a motorcycle fired at him and sped away.
Last evening, a convoy of paramilitary FC came under attack in the mountainous region of Shapok in Kech district, 50 kilometres from Turbat town.
Five FC personnel were killed while six others were injured, officials said.
Since the start of the year, militants and separatists have stepped up their attacks on security personnel and installations in Balochistan.
The attacks started on 1 January when militants carried out twin assaults on a security checkpost in Chaman injuring three security personnel.
The next day, six FC officials were injured in a bomb blast near the suburbs of Quetta.
Last week, five policemen were killed when a suicide bomber rammed his motorcycle into a police truck in Quetta while two civilians also died in the attack.
Pakistani Hindus take to streets against desecration of woman's cremated body in Balochistan's Kalat
A Hindu woman's body was cremated at the local shamshan, but the deceased’s relatives alleged that when they went back to the shamshan they found her mortal remains thrown here and there
“All six personnel on board, including two pilots, have embraced shahadat,” Inter-Services Public Relations said, adding that the incident took palce on Sunday night
The floods have affected 33 million people in Pakistan, leaving hundreds of thousands homeless. Swelling waters have swept away villages, roads and bridges, and at one point inundated a third of Pakistan's territory