GOMA, Democratic Republic of Congo (Reuters) - Democratic Republic of Congo's health ministry said that 24 patients fled an Ebola treatment centre in Beni on Thursday when it came under attack by people protesting the cancellation of Sunday's presidential election in the eastern city.
Ministry spokeswoman Jessica Ilunga told Reuters said that 17 of the patients had already tested negative for Ebola, while seven had not yet been tested.
Ilunga said that three patients had already returned to the centre while health workers were in contact with 17 others to coordinate their return. Health officials have addresses and phone numbers for the remaining four, she added.
(Reporting By Fiston Mahamba; Writing by Aaron Ross; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)
This story has not been edited by Firstpost staff and is generated by auto-feed.
Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.
Updated Date: Dec 28, 2018 00:06:49 IST