Sriram GurunathanApr 04, 2011 16:25:52 IST
Remember the Sony prepping a tablet bit we told you about a while ago? Well, that seems to be coming true now, with Sony Chief Exec Sir Howard Stringer letting slip that the tablet will be releasing this American summer, at the same event where he also let slip that the iPhone 5 would be using Sony-made camera components.
The tablet's mockup looks rather strange
In case you’ve forgotten, here are the predicted specs of the Sony tablet:
- It’s codenamed Sony S1
- It will be PlayStation Certified
- It will come pre-loaded with PSOne titles
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPU
- Google Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS
- 9.4-inch screen at 1280x800
- Full-sized USB port
- Will be priced at $599 (Rs. 27,000, which is super cheap in comparison to the other Tegra 2 tablets)
- Will release in Q3 2011 (September)
This sounds good to me, what with the Xperia Play nearly among us and the NGP releasing later this year in the holiday season. That would mean the Tablet would release between the two, thus not interfering with either’s sales.
Find our entire collection of stories, in-depth analysis, live updates, videos & more on Chandrayaan 2 Moon Mission on our dedicated #Chandrayaan2TheMoon domain.