tech2 News StaffOct 10, 2016 17:59:04 IST
A Burger King employee can be seen carrying away a smoking Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on a video uploaded to YouTube. The video was uploaded on 8 October and has already got more than 500,000 views. There are no details included along with the video, and the little information available can be gleaned from the title. It is unclear if the device was the old Galaxy Note 7 that had not been replaced, or a new Galaxy Note 7 device, that has been replaced by the company.
In a rush to position itself against the iPhone 7, Samsung apparently made compromises on quality while manufacturing the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices. This resulted in product recalls across various countries, the biggest in the United States based on a fire and burn hazard. The recall proved expensive for the company, but was the right step to take.
The phones were shipped with new iconography to distinguish the old devices from the newer devices, that are apparently marked safe. However, there were multiple reports of the replaced Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices exploding as well. While Samsung representatives have been publicly making statements about the prioritising consumer safety, customer service executives have sent messages by mistake that shows that Samsung has been delaying steps taken by consumers against the company over the faulty devices.
It is not just the Samsung phones though, this Samsung washing machine exploded as well.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.