tech2 News StaffJul 19, 2017 22:56:12 IST
OnePlus has rolled out OxygenOS Open Beta 20 its OnePlus 3 smartphone and Open Beta 11 for the OnePlus 3T. The updates albeit in Beta stage bring in some new additions while improving the core operating system stability.
The company announced the new update in a blog post on the OnePlus forum. This new Open Beta version comes exact 15 days after the roll out of One Beta 19 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 10 for the OnePlus 3T. The latest update brings optimisation in tracking data, battery indicator, expanded screenshots and visual effects.
The developers have also fixed several app crashes, Bluetooth related issues and problems with the Weather app. We have added the detailed changelog below for you to check about all the changes in the latest update.
- Battery saver indication changed from orange status bar to a notification
- Optimized calculation method for data usage statistics, tracking is now more accurate.
- Optimized expanded screenshot, now supports capture while gifs and videos are playing. (Experimental)
- Visual effects improvements for Weather widget
- Resolved various 3rd party app crashes
- Fixed Bluetooth device battery status wrongly displayed for non-supported devices
- Fixed Weather occasionally not being able to retrieve forecast data
As always, if you are running an Open Beta ROM on your OnePlus, you will have already received the above information as an OTA notification. Simply tap to update. If your fingers are itching and you want to try out the new new features, you will need to refer to the detailed flashing instructions (and download links for the ROM) here.
Once you have switched to a Beta ROM, you will stop receiving updates for the stable ROMs that arrive for normal users. If you think of switching down the line, you will have to wipe your device completely to switch back to standard, stable, public ROMs, where you could lose your data.