Tech2 News StaffAug 01, 2017 21:42:15 IST
OnePlus has announced the roll out of OxygenOS 4.5.7 update for its latest release, the OnePlus 5. The company announced that the update will be rolled out in an incremental manner in a blog post on OnePlus forums.
This means that the update will reach users in batches to ensure that there are no hidden bugs plaguing a large number of users at once. The company has made a number of bugfixes, optimizations, updates and two new features. We have added a detailed changelog below for you to check out all the changes.
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4k video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Updated to latest GMS package
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed missing sound channels when recording videos
This comes almost two weeks after the company rolled out an emergency update to fix the reboot issue that was plaguing its flagship when some users were trying to contact emergency services using 911. For the uninitiated, 911 is used to contact emergency services in the United States.
The company has released about seven software updates after the launch of the smartphone to ensure that the bugs reported by users are fixed. This is not the only device that the company is issuing active updates to. It is also managing the Open Beta channel for both the OnePlus 3 and 3T. OnePlus is one of the few companies that upgraded its flagship smartphones to Android Nougat 7.1.1. The company has not released any detailed about the jelly effect ‘bug’ that the users are complaining about.
Find our entire collection of stories, in-depth analysis, live updates, videos & more on Chandrayaan 2 Moon Mission on our dedicated #Chandrayaan2TheMoon domain.