tech2 News StaffSep 25, 2015 09:06:49 IST
Recently, there were reports of cyber security firm Zerodium offering $1 million to hack Apple’s iOS 9 operating system.
It turns out, there is a way to bypass the security code in iOS 9. In order to do so, you simply need to follow the steps below:
A video posted by EverythingApplePro on YouTube, lists out the steps to subvert the passcode.
Here's a sequential list of instructions you need to follow in order to view the pictures on an iPhone.
1. After you wake up the iOS device, enter an incorrect passcode four times.
2. At the next attempt, enter 3 to 5 random digits depending on the length of your passcode. Depending on the length of your passcode, simply enter one digit less.
3. For the last digit, hold on to the Home button to invoke Siri, and immediately type in the 4th digit.
4. Now that Siri is initiated, keep her occupied by asking her the time.
5. So here's the trick. While Siri is active and displays the time, she's also initiated the Clock. Now tap on the Clock icon.
6. Add a new Clock, and then write a random word in the 'Choose a City' field.
7. Double tap on this word to Select All. Click on "Share".
8. From the list of options to share, select the 'Message' icon. This way you'd move from the Clock to the Messaging app.
9. Once again, type a random word and hit Return.
10. Double tap on the contact name on the top.
11. Select "Create New Contact," and Tap on "Add Photo" and then on "Choose Photo".
You'll now be able to see the entire photo library on the iOS device, which is still locked with a passcode! The solution to this is to disable Siri on the lockscreen. To do so, go to Settings. Tap on Touch ID & Passcode. Once you have done that, you can only gain access to the device by using your passcode or fingerprint.