FP StaffDec 04, 2012 12:46:00 IST
Kleiner Perkins Partner Mary Meerker's annual internet report is something of a bible for internet watchers the world-over. It releases stunning data, points to the new trends and always, always tells a compelling story.
This year is no different.
Here are five reasons why you should read this report, i.e. go through the 90-odd slides.
1. In terms of sheer number of users added between 2008-2012, India with just 11% penetration is second largest at 88 million. China is the largest, adding 282 million users.
2. The smartphone usage numbers tell the other half of the Indian digital story of hard-to-come-by revenue, with subscription usage on smartphones, woefully low at 4 million of the 44 million users.
3. The mobile web is India's big big area of growth. Mobile web traffic has overtaken Desktop web traffic in 2012 for the first time
4. We are sitting at the edge of an era of re-imagination, of almost everything, with the always-connected 20-year-old driving this new experience.
5. Healthcare, Education, and Wallet are the areas she looks to for growth and this reimagination.
You can look at all the slides below.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.