tech2 News StaffNov 28, 2014 11:10:52 IST
Twitter has said that it will soon collect and track the apps installed on your mobile device in order to deliver tailored content that it feels you might be interested in. Though the micro-blogging site states that it will not collect any app data, many may be apprehensive about giving away more information about themselves to Twitter than they intended to.
The latest update to the Twitter app for iOS or Android automatically enables the feature, which means unaware users will unknowingly give out their app details to Twitter. Thankfully, Twitter allows users to opt out of this feature in few simple steps.
For iOS users
1. If you have installed the Twitter app on an iOS device, click on the Me tab and tap the gear icon.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Select the account you’d like to adjust.
4. Under Privacy, you can adjust the setting to 'Tailor Twitter based on my apps.'
For Android users
1. Android users will need to click the overflow icon and select Settings.
2. Select the account you’d like to adjust.
3. Under Other, adjust the setting to 'Tailor Twitter based on my apps.'
You can also adjust the ‘Limit ad tracking‘ setting on iOS or ‘Opt out of interest based-ads‘ on Android, to stop Twitter from sending you interest-based ads.
The Great Diwali Discount!
Unlock 75% more savings this festive season. Get Moneycontrol Pro for a year for Rs 289 only.
Coupon code: DIWALI. Offer valid till 10th November, 2019 .