ReutersDec 04, 2019 07:46:28 IST
Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai will replace company co-founder Larry Page as CEO of parent Alphabet Inc, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Below are some key facts about Pichai:
* Born in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India on 10 June 1972
* An alumnus of Wharton business school, Stanford University and Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
* Worked at consultant McKinsey & Co before Google
* First interviewed at Google on 1 April 2004, the same day that the company launched Gmail
* Widely credited for making the Google Chrome browser
* Pichai took over Android business from that group's founder, Andy Rubin, managing the market-leading smartphone operating system globally
* A year after taking over Android, Google shipped 1 billion devices
* Prior to taking over as CEO, Pichai was in charge of product and engineering at Google's Internet businesses
* Appointed CEO of Google in November 2015
* Was widely seen as a potential successor to Microsoft Crop CEO Steve Ballmer before Satya Nadella took over in February 2014
* Loves to play chess
Welcome to Tech2 Innovate, India’s most definitive youth festival celebrating innovation is being held at GMR Grounds, Aerocity Phase 2, on 14th and 15th February 2020. Come and experience an amalgamation of tech, gadgets, automobiles, music, technology, and pop culture along with the who’s who of the online world. Book your tickets now.