Anuradha ShettyMay 18, 2013 08:32:16 IST
Impressive numbers are coming out one after the other from the Samsung camp. While yesterday it was about Samsung claiming to have shipped 6 million Galaxy S4 smartphones, the latest word is that the newly launched smartphone has become the company's fastest selling Galaxy S smartphone, reports Mashable.
Not anyone else, but Samsung CEO J.K. Shin himself said so to reporters in South Korea. Shin was quoted as saying, "We are confident that we will pass more than 10 million sales of the S4 next week. It is selling much faster than the previous model S3."
Samsung's fastest selling smartphone?
Interestingly, Shin told reporters that the latest smartphone in their Galaxy line-up is well on its way to become the company's "first 10 million seller device less than a month after its official debut".
Just to give you an idea, Samsung’s Galaxy S3 took 21 days to hit the three million units sold mark, the S2 took 55 days to achieve the milestone while the original Galaxy S took 85 days to reach the three million mark.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 made its grand India entry late last month, for Rs 41,500. The Galaxy S4 was announced back in March and the leading smartphone maker in the world has once again married top-of-the-line hardware and unique software experience overlaid on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, the latest version of the OS.
The phone itself looks very similar to the Galaxy S3, but there are some slight aesthetic changes. Notably, the back is a lot flatter and the sides have also been straightened out. Overall, it's less curvaceous, although nothing like the bold changes we were told to expect.
Here are the key specs of the Samsung Galaxy S4:
- 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- HSPA+, LTE, GPRS/EDGE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR and A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- MicroUSB 2.0 with MHL, USB On-the-go, USB Host
- 13 megapixel primary camera with LED flash, Simultaneous HD video and still image stabilisation, 1080p video recording.
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera, 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 16/32/64GB internal storage with microSD card for further expansion up to 64GB
Find our entire collection of stories, in-depth analysis, live updates, videos & more on Chandrayaan 2 Moon Mission on our dedicated #Chandrayaan2TheMoon domain.