tech2 News StaffNov 04, 2014 08:44:28 IST
Flipkart has yet another first in its cap. It is the first to launch an app for Android Wear sporting wearable devices such as smart watches. Using the Android Wear Flipkart app, users can view Flipkart wishlists and push notifications coming from Flipkart. This is possible only if users enable push notifications to be viewed on their wearable.
In the future, the app may also allow users to access order tracking related information along with price drop notifications and personalised offer notifications too.
The Moto 360, which is back in stocks, was launched last month on Flipkart. After the initial batch was swept off clean, Motorola and Flipkart released a fresh stock of the device, which is up for grabs till stocks last. Besides, Flipkart has also listed Google’s latest flagship, Nexus 6, on the site.
Some of the other features available on the Flipkart Android Wear app are as follows:
* Brand New User Interface and faster app
* Happy Shopping: No Hassle Returns,100% Buyer Protection
* Choice of Payments: Cash on Delivery, Credit/Debit Card, EMI, NetBanking, PayZippy
* Smarter Search: Look up products, categories or brands using text, voice or by barcode
* Explore Your Way: Quickly switch between List, Grid and Full Screen views
* Pinpoint Products: Find what you want with the sort and multi-filter functions
* Never Miss an Offer: Get access to personalized and exclusive app-only deals
* Personalized Alerts: Get notifications on personalized offers, price drops, order status, exclusive launches
* Product Suggestions: Relevant recommendations based on your shopping history
* Share with Friends: Suggest links to interesting products on Facebook, Twitter, Google+
* Examine Closely: View products in great detail with the large, multi-perspective images
* Do More with Images: Save images to your phone or instantly share them with friends
* One-touch Wishlist: Add products to your Flipkart Wishlist with just one tap
Disclaimer: Homeshop18 which is competition with Flipkart, is owned by Reliance who owns Network18 which publishes Firstpost and tech2
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.