Sriram GurunathanFeb 02, 2011 12:17:53 IST
Here's the list of what has changed:
- There are now over 100 add-ons for Firefox for Mobile, and counting.
Performance and Memory Usage
- Startup speed has improved visibly. This was a top request from Beta 3 users.
- Memory and CPU usage is reduced, making the browser more responsive and stable.
- Fixed several keyboard issues (top feedback from Beta 3)
- Improved support for tablets (like the Samsung Galaxy Tab) and small-screen devices (like the Motorola Droid Pro)
- Improved user interface for easy connection with desktop Firefox
- Added an option to resize text to fit the screen when you double-tap to zoom in, to optimize the reading experience. This feature can be activated in the Firefox preferences. (This is also based on top feedback from Beta 3 users.)
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes, usability improvements, and optimizations for a better experience
- Support for restartless add-ons
- Support for HTML5 online/offline events
Flash is still not supported though, because Mozilla believes enabling the Flash plugin "results in a compromised user experience across Firefox for mobile." Anyway, head on over to Firefox.com/m on your Android Phone or Nokia N900 (yes, it's available for Maemo too) to download the beta.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.