tech2 News StaffMar 20, 2018 16:17:47 IST
An 18-year-old girl, a resident of Kheriakani village in Odisha was killed when her smartphone exploded while she was talking on the phone.
According to a DailyMail report, Uma Oram, the deceased was simultaneously charging her phone and using it to talk. The report states that the smartphone that exploded was the Nokia 5233 that released in 2010. Meanwhile, the victim received injuries on her chest, hand, and legs. She fell unconscious and was declared dead in the hospital.
According to her brother, Durga Oram Prasad, she was talking to her relative. When the phone's battery was drained, she plugged the phone to charge and continued speaking on the phone. Following this, the explosion occurred.
The reason for the explosion is yet to be confirmed. It is unclear if the user was using a standard battery and Nokia charger to charge the device, the reasons that usually contribute to such cases.
Reportedly, the Nokia spokesperson expressed condolences for the death. However, he said that the phone was not an HMD Global product which is the current manufacturer of Nokia smartphones.
Nokia has joined the infamous league of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Lenovo K4 Note, and Samsung Galaxy Note 7 that have exploded in the past due to various reasons. As previously reported, Redmi Note 4 caught fire in Andhra Pradesh where the users sustained injuries near his thighs.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.