tech2 News StaffJul 19, 2016 11:58:31 IST
Fallout 4 has been around since November last year. In terms of gaming, that’s an age. In terms of the franchise, it’s a wee li’l baby. Bethesda’s games, Fallout and Elder Scrolls in particular, have an especially long life.
The games are usually hilariously buggy at launch and graphically a bit under the curve. This doesn’t mean that they’re bad games. On the contrary, the bugs become memes and the opportunity for modding attracts a vast and dedicated community of gamers who can work wonders. It also doesn’t hurt that the games are tonnes of fun.
Some patches do need to be patched by the developers however, and Fallout 4 Patch 1.6 is one such. The patch doesn’t introduce many new features. All you really get is a useful ExitSave that saves the game when you exit to menu or desktop and disappears when the game loads. Codsworth’s vocabulary has also been expanded by 300 player names to enable him to enunciate your name correctly.
The patch has been released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
The rest of the patch notes only refer to numerous bug fixes as follows:
General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
- Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
- Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
- Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.