Engineers’ Day is marked to recognize and appreciate the contributions that engineers have made to every branch of science and technology in our nation.
This common visual illusion happens when the shutter speed of a camera matches up with the rotational speed of an object that it is filming. This results in the rotating object appearing to be completely still in the video.
The call for a decade of technology by the prime minister is a welcome step and an indication that the State aligns itself with 21st-century technological advancements, anticipates future technologies, and wishes to benefit the nation by enhancing its engagement with technology
The 535 million-year-old microscopic fossil called Saccorhytus coronarius was thought to be an ancestor of humans. But new research shows it is more closely related to penis worms and mud dragons
Many pieces of President Joe Biden's domestic agenda have been thrown overboard, but his proposals on climate change remain largely intact
Former agriculture minister Sharad Pawar bats for genetically modified crops to improve food security
Sharad Pawar, the Union agriculture minister from 2004 to 2014, said that India has lately become complacent and has started neglecting the developments in science, particularly new genetics and breeding
Scientists and researchers from University of Toronto and University of Montreal in Canada have grown a small-scale model of a human left heart ventricle — the main chamber of heart — in the lab. This can help in studying heart diseases and test out therapies without the need of invasive surgeries
The discovery has given hope to scientists about Mekong River which has been threatened by environmental challenges. Freshwater fish are the ones that spend their entire lives in freshwater as opposed to those that migrate between fresh and saltwater.
Pharmaceutical scientist Tom Anchordoquy explains that drugs are designed to enable patients to take their prescribed medications in the right amount and at the right time. Apart from active drug, medications also include “inactive ingredients” that enhance flavour and other qualities of a drug
Book Review | In The Gutsy Girls of Science, Class 11 student Ilina Singh celebrates women scientists who paved the way
Ilina Singh adopts a friendly, conversational tone to ask her readers if they would like to consider a career in the fields that each of these women chose to work in. Her writing style is in in tune with what her peers would enjoy.
Reddy's stress on environmental sustainability at a time when it had still not come into popular conversation is an indication that he foresaw the destruction that blind devotion to ‘growth’ paradigms would bring
The $10 billion telescope — the largest and most powerful astronomical observatory ever launched — rocketed away Christmas Day from French Guiana
If we do a few right things in the next few years, we could bring about a cultural renaissance for the entire world
Newsom said he wanted to focus on what California said 'yes' to as a state: 'We said yes to science, we said yes to vaccines, we said yes to ending this pandemic'
ISRO to launch Gaganyaan mission by end of 2022 or early 2023 after COVID delays, says Jitendra Singh
He said a brainstorming exercise by space scientists and government officials in 2015-16 helped them understand where space technology could be used.
AI-based technologies can be a force for good but they can also 'have negative, even catastrophic effects' Michelle Bachelet, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said in a statement
St. Stephen's College releases a separate cut-off list from the Delhi University that has 85 percent weightage, and the remaining 15 percent is based on online interviews
China, the US and WHO are entangled in a feud over whether the virus that causes COVID-19 could have leaked from a lab in Wuhan, where the disease was first detected in late 2019
Taking to their Instagram handle, the space agency posted a few photos that featured phytoplanktons in turquoise, green, and light blue colour in water.