National Herald case: In a setback for Rahul Gandhi, I-T Tribunal rejects plea to recognise Young Indian Ltd a charitable trust
While Rahul and his mother Sonia Gandhi hold 76 percent of the company’s shares, the remaining 24 percent are held by Congress leaders Motilal Vora and Oscar Fernandes.
CBDT directs taxman to withdraw select appeals by month-end by holding personal meetings with officials
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) frames policy for the I-T Department.
Finance minister Piyush Goyal said the move is to create trust in the tax administration and give relief to honest, small and mid-sized taxpayers
The ITAT held that payments aggregating to Rs 1,457 crore made by Google India to Google Ireland between 2007-08 and 2012-13 are taxable as royalty.
In a setback to Google India, the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal has upheld a tax demand on the search engine's remittances of advertisement revenue to Google Ireland Ltd.
The tax department while raising the demand had treated the Rs 796 crore loss incurred by Flipkart for the assessment year 2015-16 as capital expenditure.
ITAT, in a big relief to Flipkart, ruled out tax department’s argument that marketing and discounting expenses of the etailer to be characterised as capital expenditures
Tax laws need to be simplified, so as to disincentivise taxmen from litigating and continuing to litigate at the drop of a hat.
Priyanka Chopra ordered to pay tax on luxury watch and sedan with combined worth of Rs 67 lakhs; actress says they were gifts
Priyanka Chopra has been ordered by the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal to pay a luxury tax for a LVMH-TAG watch worth Rs 40 lakh and a Toyota Prius sedan worth Rs 27 lakh
The tax department is on a spree to ensure more and more number of people and taxpayers in the country use the PAN card.
Vodafone India managing director & CEO Sunil Sood said the government has been far more cooperative on the call drops issue.
The department claimed Rs 3,700 crore in tax arrears and penalties from the Indian unit of the British telecom major.
The Indian tax authorities are gradually moving towards an amoral approach towards bribery and illegality.
Kingfisher has claimed in its appeal that the I-T department has wrongfully charged Kingfisher with default under section 201.