Import

Showing of 41 - 60 from 127 results
Import - Total results - 127
Budget 2015: Govt may consider reducing gold import duty by 2-4%
Business

Budget 2015: Govt may consider reducing gold import duty by 2-4%

The government may consider 2-4 percent reduction in gold import duty in the forthcoming Budget, a move that could help boost exports and manufacturing of gems and jewellery

April-September gold seizure rises four-fold to Rs 632 cr
Money

April-September gold seizure rises four-fold to Rs 632 cr

There has been almost four-fold increase in seizures of smuggled gold during April-September this year compared to the same period a year ago, government said today.

November trade deficit rises 26%, hits 18-month high
Economy

November trade deficit rises 26%, hits 18-month high

November trade deficit came in at $16.86 billion, 26 percent higher on a month-on-month (MoM) basis. <br /> November exports stood at $25.96 billion and imports came in at $42.82 billion.

Fall in oil prices will help keep current account deficit in check, say analyst
Economy

Fall in oil prices will help keep current account deficit in check, say analyst

Analysts have allayed fears of widening current account deficit, which is 2.1 percent of GDP for the July-September period, and pegged it in the range of 1.4 to 1.8 percent for the full 2014-15 fiscal due to falling crude oil prices.

Q2 current account deficit surges on rise in gold imports
Economy

Q2 current account deficit surges on rise in gold imports

The CAD widened to $10.1 billion or 2.1 percent of GDP for the September quarter as against 1.2 percent in the year-ago <br />

First time in over 100 years: Tata Steel buys iron ore for Jamshedpur plant
Corporate

First time in over 100 years: Tata Steel buys iron ore for Jamshedpur plant

The company has bought 2.3 million tonnes iron ore to run its lone steel-making facility in the country

GAIL signs pact with US-based WGL to buy 2.5 million tonnes of LNG
Corporate

GAIL signs pact with US-based WGL to buy 2.5 million tonnes of LNG

GAIL India Ltd, the nation's largest natural gas distributor, has signed an agreement with US-based WGL for buying about 2.5 million tonnes of gas for 20 years.<br />

Good news: EU likely to lift ban on import of Indian Alphonso mangoes
Economy

Good news: EU likely to lift ban on import of Indian Alphonso mangoes

The EU is likely to lift the ban on import of mangoes and other vegetables from India this month, according to a senior government official.<br />

Pakistan: US donates equipment to monitor trade of chemicals
World

Pakistan: US donates equipment to monitor trade of chemicals

The US Homeland Security Investigations office (HSI) has donated equipment as aid to Pakistan Customs in order to monitor the import and export of chemicals used both legally and illegally, media reported on Thursday.

Coal scam: Court directs CBI to further probe Vikash Metals matter
Economy

Coal scam: Court directs CBI to further probe Vikash Metals matter

The court also directed the CBI to file a further progress report of the probe and fixed the case for November 10.<br />

Coal scam: Court to hear arguments on revised report on 27 Oct
Economy

Coal scam: Court to hear arguments on revised report on 27 Oct

While filing the revised final report, the investigating officer (IO) told the court the flaw in this case was that previous allotment of coal block was concealed by the company.<br />

Coalgate: Court summons ex-Coal Secy HC Gupta, others as accused
Economy

Coalgate: Court summons ex-Coal Secy HC Gupta, others as accused

The court issued summons to Gupta, two other serving government officials, Kamal Sponge Steel and Power Ltd, its managing director Pavan Ahluwalia and senior official Amit Goyal and directed them to appear before it on October 31.<br />

Prepare plan for managing deallocated mines: Centre to Coal India
Economy

Prepare plan for managing deallocated mines: Centre to Coal India

The development follows Supreme Court had last month quashing allocation of 214 coal mines alloted to various companies since 1993 and allowing the Centre to take operation of 42 such blocks which are operational.<br />

Coal imports up 19% in September as power plants face fuel crunch
Economy

Coal imports up 19% in September as power plants face fuel crunch

As per the latest data by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA), 56 coal-based power plants reported critical fuel stocks that will not last more than seven days.<br />

Export more, import less and use gold lying temples, homes: WGC's advice to India
Economy

Export more, import less and use gold lying temples, homes: WGC's advice to India

WGC said that the country should meet 40% of gold demand from its domestic stocks and the rest 60% through imports and mining.<br />