2006 Malegaon-blasts

Showing of 1 - 20 from 12 results
2006 Malegaon-blasts - Total results - 12
Malegaon blasts: Bombay High Court grants bail to four accused against bond of Rs 50,000 each
India

Malegaon blasts: Bombay High Court grants bail to four accused against bond of Rs 50,000 each

A division bench of of the Bombay High Court granted bail to the accused Dhan Singh, Lokesh Sharma, Manohar Narwaria and Rajendra Chaudhary on Friday.

NIA court rejects plea seeking to bar Pragya Singh Thakur from contesting polls, says 'wrong forum chosen' for petition
Politics

NIA court rejects plea seeking to bar Pragya Singh Thakur from contesting polls, says 'wrong forum chosen' for petition

Nisar Sayyad, who lost his son in the blast, moved the court last week, urging it to bar Pragya Singh Thakur from contesting the election after the BJP fielded her from Bhopal, where she is locked in a battle with Congress veteran Digvijay Singh

2008 Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC grants bail to accused former major Ramesh Upadhyay
India

2008 Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC grants bail to accused former major Ramesh Upadhyay

The Bombay High Court on Tuesday granted bail to retired Major Ramesh Upadhyay, an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.

NIA courts rejects bail for four accused in 2006 Malegaon blasts
India

NIA courts rejects bail for four accused in 2006 Malegaon blasts

A special NIA court on Monday rejected the bail plea of four accused in the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case, who had sought liberty after eight Muslim men accused in the case were discharged in April.

#ModiNext3Years: The travails of guiding a rudderless home ministry
Politics

#ModiNext3Years: The travails of guiding a rudderless home ministry

The performance of the home ministry has been rudderless, and the home minister does not seem to enjoy the confidence of the prime minister

Accused, all over again: NIA does a U-turn, opposes discharge pleas of 2006 Malegaon blast accused
India

Accused, all over again: NIA does a U-turn, opposes discharge pleas of 2006 Malegaon blast accused

The accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case find themselves under a cloud of suspicion all over again, with the National Investigation Agency (NIA) saying that it will oppose discharging them.

The pathology of prejudice: True lies of counterrorism in India
Life

The pathology of prejudice: True lies of counterrorism in India

Kafkaland, written by Manisha Sethi, throws up unsettling questions on counterterrorism in India. Here are excerpts from the book and an interview with Sethi

Malegaon blasts: NIA asks court to reject Manohar Singh's bail plea
Mumbai

Malegaon blasts: NIA asks court to reject Manohar Singh's bail plea

The investigators had earlier arrested nine Muslim men, however the NIA, after it took over the probe, found that the blast was the handiwork of a Hindu extremist organisation.

HC dismisses PIL seeking action against ATS in Malegaon case
Politics

HC dismisses PIL seeking action against ATS in Malegaon case

The Bombay High Court today dismissed a public interest litigation demanding probe against the police officers who investigated the 2006 Malegaon blasts case (before National Investigation Agency took over) for wrongly implicating innocent Muslim youths.

2006 Malegaon blasts: Accused wants court to summon CBI, ATS
India

2006 Malegaon blasts: Accused wants court to summon CBI, ATS

Manohar Singh, one of those arrested in the case, today filed the application in the special court here, objecting to the discharge pleas of the alleged SIMI operatives, arrested earlier in the case by Maharashtra ATS.

2006 Malegaon blasts: Nine accused may walk free
Mumbai

2006 Malegaon blasts: Nine accused may walk free

The National Investigation Agency did not object to the discharge applications filed by the arrested accused, saying evidence collected by it were "not in consonance" with those obtained earlier by Maharashtra Anti-terrorism Squad and CBI, which had recommended their prosecution.

2006 Malegaon blasts: Accused ask special court to discharge them
India

2006 Malegaon blasts: Accused ask special court to discharge them

An application was moved by Noorulhuda Samsodhoha, Shabbir Ahmed Masiullah, Raess Ahmed Rajjab Ali Mansuri, Mohammed Zahid Abdul Majid and Abrar Ahmed Gulam Ahmed seeking discharge.