A three-judge newly constituted bench of the Supreme Court on Wednesday heard afresh the plea of Yakub Abdul Razak Memon, the sole death row convict in 1993 Mumbai blasts case after two judges gave a split order and is expected to pronounce its decision later in the day.
A bench of Justices AR Dave, Amitava Roy and Arun Mishra will be hearing the plea against the death sentence. Here's a quick roundup of the arguments that the former chartered accountant could present.
Bollywood actor Salman Khan on Sunday tweeted out in support of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon saying his brother Tiger should be hanged instead.
The only convict sentenced to death for his alleged involvement in the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai, Yakub Memon, is reportedly set to be hanged on 30 July.
A three-judge bench headed by Justice A R Dave rejected the review plea of Yakub Memon, the sole death row convict in the case.
After seeking an additional furlough of 14 days, Sanjay Dutt is headed back to Yerawada Jail because the process to get additional time out of jail was not completed in time.
Dutt has left from the Pune jail in order to come back to Mumbai for medical treatment.
The lawyer has handled several high profile cases including the 1993 serial blasts and the 26/11 attacks case.
The jail authorities have said that Dutt isn't eligible for home cooked food since he's a convict and not an undertrial.
Actor Sanjay Dutt has surrendered before the designated Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) court in Mumbai. Here are the images.
One of the three persons granted time to surrender was convicted of aiding Dutt dispose of the weapons he had acquired illegally.
The CBI had opposed Dutt's plea seeking an extension in time to surrender as similar applications would be made by other convicts also.
The Supreme Court refused to entertain the petition filed by the three convicts seeking additional time to surrender. It will hear actor Sanjay Dutt's plea later today.
The apex court will decide on a petition filed by Dutt and three others seeking time to surrender to serve their prison terms.
Now that we are done celebrating justice delivered in the 1993 serial blasts case, should we look at also delivering justice for the victims of the communal riots?
Despite the fact that the blasts claimed over 250 lives, was it finally a failed terror strike?
The former Supreme Court judge has said that he will continue to appeal for a pardon for the actor and another accused in the case.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt who was sentenced to five years in jail by the Supreme Court last week, broke his silence for the first time since the judgement, and said that he would surrender when the time comes.