Wimbledon 2017: Three matches under investigation for possible match-fixing
Two qualifying matches at Roehampton and one from the main Wimbledon draw triggered some bizarre betting patterns and are to be examined further.
London: Wimbledon came under the microscope on Thursday with three matches at this year's tournament set to be investigated for possible match-fixing, according to the Tennis Integrity Unit.
Two qualifying matches at Roehampton and one from the main Wimbledon draw triggered some bizarre betting patterns and are to be examined further, said the anti-corruption body that polices professional tennis.
"These will be assessed and reviewed in keeping with the TIU match alert policy below," the TIU said on its website.
The TIU's match alert policy means that the unit checks on irregularities such as strange betting tendencies, but it insisted the alerts are not evidence of match-fixing.
One match from June's French Open will also be looked at -- just four of 53 alerts received by the TIU since April, although the majority came from matches at the lower level Challenger, Futures and ITF Women's tours.
There has been a decline in the number of alerts received by the TIU this year with 83 triggered in 2017 thus far -- 38 fewer than at the same stage last year.
Federer hasn't won a tour clay title since Istanbul in 2015; his most recent Masters triumph on the surface was Madrid in 2012.
Jerwin Ancajas overcomes Jonathan Rodriguez in hard-fought win to retain IBF junior bantamweight title
The 29-year-old Ancajas had to reach into his full bag of tricks to beat the Mexican, with the three judges scoring 117-110, 116-111 and 115-112 in the Filipino's favor at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Norwich, Connecticut.
The French Tennis Federation said it hoped the delay could enable more fans to attend if COVID-19 restrictions are eased by then.