Kolkata: Statistical highlights of Rohit's Sharma's manic innings in the fourth cricket one-dayer between India and Sri Lanka here.
- Rohit Sharma (264 off 173 balls) established a world record for the highest individual ODI innings, outstripping the 219 by Virender Sehwag vs West Indies at Indore on December 8, 2011.
- Rohit has set another world record by becoming the first batsman to record two double hundreds in ODIs.
- Gautam Gambhir's unbeaten 150 not out vs Sri Lanka on December 24, 2009 was the previous highest in ODIS at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
- Rohit has recorded his fifth century in ODIs - his second against Sri Lanka.
- Rohit's match-winning knock is his highest score in ODIs, eclipsing the 209 off 158 balls vs Australia at Bangalore on November 2, 2013.
- Rohit's 264 is the second highest in List A cricket. Ali Brown had posted 268 for Surrey vs Glamorgan at The Oval on June 19, 2002.
- Rohit hit 42 boundaries (33 fours and 9 sixes) - a record in ODIs, surpassing the 32 (25 fours, 7 sixes) by Virender Sehwag during his knock of 219 vs West Indies at Indore on December 8, 2011. Sachin had also recorded 25 fours during his double century - 200 not out off 147 balls vs South Africa at Gwalior on 24.2.2010
- Rohit has managed 65.34 per cent of runs - the third highest in ODIs behind the 69.48 by West Indian, Vivian Richards during his unbeaten knock of 189 vs England at Manchester on May 31, 1984 and 65.78 by India's Kapil Dev during his unbeaten 175 vs Zimbabwe at Tunbridge Wells on June 18, 1983.
- Rohit's sixth Man of the Match award in ODIs is his second vs Sri Lanka. He has got two Man Of the Match awards each vs West Indies, Sri Lanka and Australia.
- Rohit has faced 173 balls in all - the most by a batsman in a 50-over game in ODIs. Sunil Gavaskar had faced 174 balls while scoring an unbeaten 36 in a 60-over game vs England at Lord's on June 7, 1975.
- India's 153-run triumph is the same as when Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar had posted double centuries in ODIs.
- India have become the first nation to manage 400 or more five times in ODIs - twice against Sri Lanka and once each against South Africa, West Indies and Bermuda. No other side has achieved the distinction more than two times in ODIs.
- The difference of 198 runs between Rohit Sharma (264) - the highest scorer and Kohli (66) - the second best scorer - is the highest in an innings in ODIs.
- Rohit and Virat Kohli were associated in a partnership of 201 - India's third highest for the third wicket against Sri Lanka - the highest being 224 between Gautam Gambhir and Kohli at Kolkata on December 24, 2009. Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh put on a 221-run stand at Colombo (RPS) on
February 3, 2009.
- Rohit and Uthappa were involved in a stand of 128 off 58 balls. Their run-rate of 13.24 is a record for India for any wicket in ODIs, bettering the 13.09 by Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina during their stand of 120 (unbroken) off 55 balls for the fourth wicket against Sri Lanka at Hobart on February
28, 2012.(minimum 100 runs).
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Updated Date: Nov 14, 2014 12:52:39 IST