- Robert Lewandowski is the first player in the history of European football to score four goals in a match against Real Madrid.
- The only other player to score four times in a European semi or final is Ferenc Puskas, in 1960.
- Only three other players have scored four goals against Real Madrid, and none in European competition: Josep Samitier (1926), Eulogio Martínez (1957) and Diego Milito (2006).
- The only other team to score four or more goals against Real Madrid under Jose Mourinho is Barcelona (5-0 in 2010).
- Robert Lewandowski has scored 10 goals from 18 shots on target in the Champions League this season.
- This is the 10th occasion a player has scored 4+ goals in a CL game; Lionel Messi is the only player to have done it twice.
- Robert Lewandowski is the 1st player to score a hat-trick against Real Madrid in #UCL history. Explosion.
- Ronaldo has matched Marouane Chamakh and Burak Yilmaz by scoring in six consecutive Champions League games. Streak.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is only the fifth player to score 50 Champions League goals (Raul 71, Messi 59, van Nistelrooy 56, Henry 50). Icons.
- In ALL European competitions there has been ONE All-German final. In the 1979/1980 UEFA Cup, Frankfurt beat Gladbach on away goal rule.
- Real Madrid have repaired a 3 goal deficit twice in Europe (once in CC/CL) and have repaired a 4 goal deficit once (85/86 UEFA Cup)
- This is the first time in Champions League history that two teams have conceded 4+ goals in one game in a set of semi-finals.
- Borussia Dortmund is the only unbeaten team in the Champions League this year.
- Slightly unrelated but interesting... Robert Lewandowski cost just £4.2 million from Lech Poznan.
Sourced from OptaJoe and Infostrada Sports
Your guide to the latest election news, analysis, commentary, live updates and schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 543 constituencies for the upcoming general elections.
Updated Date: Apr 25, 2013 10:53:59 IST