Below are statistical highlights from India's 1-2 series defeat to England after the draw at Nagpur.
- England's series triumph by 2-1 is their first in India after 28 years. They had won the 1984-85 Test series by 2-1.
- The last home Test series lost by India was to Australia by 1-2 in 2004-05.
- Sachin Tendulkar has recorded batting average of 18.66, which is his worst ever in a four-Test series.
- The leading run-scorers in the rubber were Cook (562), Pujara (438), Pietersen (338) and Trott (294) while the leading wicket-takers were Swann (20), Ojha (20), Panesar (17) and Ashwin (14).
- With 562 runs (ave. 80.28), Cook has been adjudged the Player of the Series for the second time in Tests.
- The Nagpur Test is the 47th drawn game between the two countries. England have won 40 and lost 20 out of 107 played against India - winning % 37.38.
- Ian Bell has posted his 17th century in Test cricket, his third against India.
- Since recording 235 at The Oval last year, Bell has registered his first hundred in 14 Tests. In the course of his said hundred, Ball has completed his 1,000 runs against India, aggregating 1046 at an average of 41.84 in 15 Tests.
- Bell is the 10th England batsman to amass 1,000 runs or more against India. Graham Gooch is the top run-scorer for England against India in Tests - 1725 runs in 19 Tests at an average of 55.64.
- Trott and Bell shared a partnership of 208 -England's sixth double century partnership for the fourth wicket against India - their second best for this wicket-position in India.
- The partnership is the highest for any wicket in the just concluded rubber.
- Jonathan Trott (143) has posted his eighth Test hundred - his first against India. In the course of his said knock, Cook has completed his 1000 runs this year, amassing 1005 at an average of 38.65 in 15 Tests.
- Trott became the fifth player to achieve score 1000 runs this year - the other four being Michael Clarke (1489), Alastair Cook (1249), Hashim Amla (1064) and Kevin Pietersen (1053).
- James Anderson was been adjudged the Man of the Match for the first time against India.
Updated Date: Dec 18, 2012 10:53 AM