Serie A: Lazio handed two-match stadium ban for Anne Frank photo row during Cagliari clash
Italian football federation prosecutors have requested Lazio play two games behind closed doors and fined 50,000 euros ($61,000) following the Anne Frank photo scandal, a lawyer for the club said on Friday.
Rome: Italian football federation prosecutors have requested Lazio play two games behind closed doors and fined 50,000 euros ($61,000) following the Anne Frank photo scandal, a lawyer for the club said on Friday.
Lazio ultra fans were involved in the fly-posting of photos of Holocaust victim Frank in a shirt of bitter city rivals Roma during a game against Cagliari on 26 October.
"Given all the extenuating circumstances, we asked to be spared prosecution," said lawyer Gian Michele Gentile, adding that a decision was expected early next week.
The two clubs share the Stadio Olimpico and Lazio's ultras were housed in the south end of the ground normally reserved for Roma supporters. Their own north end had been closed following racist chants during a game against Sassuolo earlier the same month.
Thirteen Lazio fans have received stadium bans of between five and eight years in connection with the anti-Semitic pictures which provoked an outcry in Italy.
The football match, featuring Luis Figo, was played at a height of 20,230 feet (6166.1 metres), taking the game to a frontier never previously reached by any sport.
Castillo, a defender, played in eight of Ecuador's qualifiers, including both matches against Chile — a win for Ecuador and a draw.
Nations League: England boss Gareth Southgate says boos from supporters after defeat to Italy 'understandable'
England have not scored a goal in open play in this season's Nations League and Southgate was booed by a large section of the away support in Milan after the defeat which dumped them down to League B.