New Delhi: A defiant Narsingh Yadav on Monday demanded a CBI probe into the doping scandal which has jeopardised his participation in the Olympics, alleging that a conspiracy has been hatched to scuttle his Rio dream.
"There should be a CBI inquiry. The whole episode relating to my selection had gone to court. There was a CID report that my life is under threat. All this makes it clear, I have been framed so that I am stopped from going to Rio," Narsingh said.
"I have given my complaint to the federation in which I have made it clear that something could have been mixed in the food that was prepared at the mess. It is a conspiracy against me," he added.
Narsingh has returned positive for a banned substance barely 10 days before the start of the Olympics and that has cast a doubt on his participation in the Rio Games.
The 26-year-old, who would be pleading innocence in front of the NADA panel that is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, is hopeful that he would be able to convince the committee members that the entire episode is a conspiracy.
"I am hopeful that everything will be clear soon. I have got the 100 per cent backing of everyone. I am still hopeful of going to Rio," 26-year-old wrestler said.
Interestingly, Narsingh was selected for the Rio Olympics in controversial circumstances as double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar had also staked his claim to represent the country in 74kg freestyle and demanded a trial.
But Narsingh was chosen by the Wrestling Federation of India as he had earned the Olympic quota in the World Championships last year with a bronze medal finish.
Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.
Updated Date: Jul 25, 2016 16:34:41 IST