Madrid: Spanish fotball giants Real Madrid's coach Zinedine Zidane has said he doesn't expect any further acquisitions or departures from his squad in the ongoing transfer window.
Speaking after the traditional Santiago Bernabeu trophy game in which his side beat French second division outfit Stade Reims 5-3 on Wednesday, Zidane spoke about his side's transfer plicy, reports Xinhua.
Madrid has only bought striker Alvaro Morata from Juventus and confirmed that midfielder Marcos Asensio would remain in the first team squad rather than being loaned out.
If there is no further movement in the transfer market this will be the lowest amount of money Real Madrid have spent on signings in the last 15 years.
"Sometimes that is the way it is and isn't necessary to spend money. A year from now I will probably say the same. I am happy with the squad and the players," explained Zidane.
"We won the Champions League with these players and all I ask for them now is that they work hard, because you win nothing with the name 'Real Madrid' alone. Wait until 31 August, but I don't think that anyone else will come."
"The squad is complete and I am happy with it and the players who will be with us, but although my answer won't change, anything could happen," he added.
With the incoming of Asensio and Morata, the squad has an abundance of attacking talents, with players such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale, Isco and James Rodriguez all aiming for a place in the starting 11.
It looks almost impossible to keep all of them happy and after a disappointing campaign last year James had been signalled as a possible departure, something Zidane was quick to deny.
"James is here, I am pleased with the way he played and he is going to stay. I am tired of answering questions about him," said the coach.
Updated Date: Aug 17, 2016 17:16 PM