Prague: Petra Kvitova's recovery from surgery after a knife-wielding intruder attacked her inside her home and injured her playing hand has been going well.
Kvitova's spokesman, Karel Tejkal, says the two-time Wimbledon champion has gradually started doing exercises with her injured fingers and "all has been going according to the plans and expectations."
Kvitova has surgery on 20 December following injuries on her left hand in the attack at her home in the town of Prostejov the same day.
She is expected to out for up to six months.
Kvitova's fellow players from the Prostejov tennis club have offered a reward of $3,850 for information leading to the arrest of the attacker, who still remains at large.
The player suffered severe injuries to her racquet hand as she fought off a knife-wielding intruder at her home in the eastern Czech town of Prostejov in December. In a statement released in the aftermath of the attack, the 26-year-old said she was "shaken, but fortunate to be alive" as support flooded in for the world number 11.
The former world number two, who helped her country win a fifth Fed Cup in six years last month, will miss January's Australian Open in addition to the French Open, while her participation at Wimbledon in July remains uncertain.
Just hours before the attack, Kvitova had pulled out of the Hopman Cup in Perth starting on 1 January due to a stress fracture in her foot.
She said she hoped to start next year at Sydney on 8 January to warm up for the Australian Open -- a plan since shelved as Kvitova begins her cautious road back to full health.
With inputs from agencies
Updated Date: Jan 04, 2017 17:16 PM