Here are the top stats from Real Madrid's 4-1 Champions League final win over Atletico Madrid in Lisbon on Saturday night:
- Carlo Ancelotti is only the second coach to win a record three Champions League trophies after Bob Paisley (Liverpool 1977, 1978, 1981).
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 67th CL goal in the final, equalling to Lionel Messi in second place in the all-time top scorer list behind Raúl (71).
- Ronaldo is only the second player after Vasovic (Partizan Belgrade vs Real in 1966 and Ajax vs AC Milan in 1969) to score for two clubs in CL finals.
- Ronaldo has scored 17 goals in the 2013/14 Champions League — this is a record for a single European Cup season.
- Gareth Bale is the first Welsh player to score in a Champions League final.
- Real Madrid have only converted one of their three penalties in the Champions League this season.
- Sergio Ramos has now scored six times in his last seven appearances in all competitions. Will he continue the run at the World Cup?
- This was 16th final to go into extra-time. 10 times it was followed by a penalty shootout. The last time in 2012 when Chelsea won vs Bayern.
- Sergio Ramos (93') scored the latest ever goal in regular time in a CL final.
- Real had never won a final of a European competition after going behind at halftime. That record's been dusted now.
- Six of the last seven teams to score first in the Champions League final have lifted the trophy (Bayern in 2012 failed).
- Diego Costa's substitution is fastest in a CL final since Liverpool's Mark Lawrenson went off for Gary Gillespie (3') in 1985 vs Juventus (fastest).
- Raphael Varane (21-029) became the youngest ever French player in a CL final, beating Nicolas Anelka who was 21-071 in 1998, also for Real.
- Real started the match with just three Spanish players — the fewest domestic players they have ever had in starting XI in all of their 13 CL finals.
- Atletico Madrid have scored more headed goals than any other team in the CL this season.
- Ronaldo lifted the trophy in Lisbon — the same city where he made his pro debut 12 years ago in a CL qualifying round match for Sporting vs Inter (0-0).
Stats courtesy Opta and Infostrada.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Updated Date: May 25, 2014 15:04:00 IST