Statistical highlights after day four of the second cricket Test between India and England at Lord's on Sunday.
- Murali Vijay, with 317 runs at an average of 79.25, has established an Indian record for the highest tally in two Tests in the same rubber vs England in England, eclipsing Sourav Ganguly's aggregate of 315 (ave.105.00) in three outings in 1996.
- Vijay's above stats are his second best in a Test series, next only to the 430 (ave.61.42) in the four-Test series against Australia in 2012-13.
- Vijay became the second Indian batsman to be dismissed in the nineties in a Test match at Lord's. Rahul Dravid had also scored 95 in 1996.
- Dhoni's batting strike rate of 22.09 during his 19 off 86 balls is his slowest innings in Tests (10 or more).
- Stuart Binny has posted his first duck in Tests.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar became the first number nine batsman to post three half-centuries in a Test series. He became the fifth number nine batsman to amass 200 runs or more in a series, joining Stuart Broad (England), Asif Iqbal (Pakistan) and Graeme Swann (England) and Daniel Vettori (New Zealand).
- Kumar became the third all-rounder to post a fifty and take five wickets in an innings in the same match in consecutive Tests, joining Richard Hadlee and Ian Botham.
- Jadeja and Kumar were associated in a stand of 99 - India's highest eighth-wicket partnership vs England in England, eclipsing the 97 between Madan Lal and Sandeep Patil at Manchester in 1982.
- Jadeja (68 off 57 balls) has recorded his highest score in Tests - his maiden fifty, eclipsing the 43 off 49 balls vs Australia at Delhi in March 2013.
- In Indian innings, the last three wickets, have totalled 107 runs - the ninth time when India have amassed 100 runs or more in the third match innings in away Tests.
- Liam Plunkett (3/65) has recorded his best bowling figures vs India in Tests.
- Alastair Cook (22 off 93 balls) has registered his slowest innings when he has scored 20 or more runs - his strike rate is 23.65.
- Since recording 51 vs Australia at Melbourne in December 2013, Cook has not scored even 30 in nine innings.
- During the course of his aforesaid knock, Cook became the eighth batsman to amass 4,000 runs in Tests in England.
- Ishant Sharma has claimed Cook's wicket eight times in 10 Tests - the most times he has dismissed a player in Tests. Three players have captured Cook's wicket eight times each in Tests - Mitchel Johnson, Ryan Harris and Ishant Sharma.
- Gary Ballance became the first England batsman to amass 200 runs in the present rubber - his tally being 208 (ave.69.33) in three innings.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Updated Date: Jul 21, 2014 11:49:42 IST