From Lahiri to Hoffmann: Five Masters rookies to watch out for
Not since Fuzzy Zoeller in 1979 has a player won the Masters on his debut. There are 20 Masters rookies in the 2015 field, below the record of 24 set last year. Here are five to look out for
Not since Fuzzy Zoeller in 1979 has a player won the Masters on his debut. There are 20 Masters rookies in the 2015 field, below the record of 24 set last year.
Here are five to look out for:
Erik Compton (USA)
- The 35-year-old had two heart transplants, in 1992 and 2008, to deal with a rare condition. Qualified with a second place at last year's US Open behind Martin Kaymer
Anirban Lahiri (IND)
- The 27-year-old Asian number one has won four tournaments in the last year and is being touted as the new face of Indian golf. He is just the third Indian to play in the Masters
Brooks Koepka (USA)
- Went to Europe to hone his game after coming out of Florida State University and enjoyed immediate success. Transformed that into his first US PGA Tour victory in Phoenix earlier this year.
Morgan Hoffmann (USA)
- Former hockey player who switched to golf and played on a winning Walker Cup team. Turned pro in 2012 and had a breakout year in 2014. Took fourth place in the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill last month
Bernd Wiesberger (AUT)
- One of the most consistent performers on the European Tour in recent years. Has been in top form this year with four top-10 finishes in his first four tournaments. Has yet to make his mark in the United States
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Pope Francis writes letter praising Alex Zanardi's strength after Paralympic gold-medalist's handbike crash
Zanardi, who lost both of his legs in an auto racing crash nearly 20 years ago, has been on a ventilator since he crashed his handbike into a truck near the Tuscan town of Pienza on Friday during a relay event.
Sports Ministry seeks Delhi HC's consent to provisionally award annual recognition to 54 National Sports Federations
The application was filed in view of the high court's 24 June order by which the decision of the sports ministry giving provisional renewal of recognition to the NSFs was recalled.
Coronavirus Outbreak: American golfer Nick Watney withdraws from RBC Heritage after testing positive for COVID-19
Watney, who competed last week in Fort Worth, Texas where he missed the cut in the PGA Tour’s return from a three-month hiatus, traveled privately to Hilton Head Island this week.