La Liga: Barcelona confirm they will appeal to CAS over Neymar's 3-match suspension
Barcelona made a last-gasp bid to have star striker Neymar back for Sunday's critical Clasico clash with an appeal to a Spanish sports court against his three-game ban
Madrid: Barcelona made a last-gasp bid to have star striker Neymar back for Sunday's critical Clasico clash with an appeal to a Spanish sports court against his three-game ban.
As it stands the 25-year-old is set to miss the blockbuster showdown at the Santiago Bernabeu after being shown the first red card of his Barcelona career for two bookable offences in a 2-0 defeat at Malaga earlier this month that badly dented their hopes of retaining the Spanish title.
"With the Appeal Committee (Spanish federation) dismissing FC Barcelona's appeal for the three-match suspension of Neymar Jr, the club will appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (in Spain)," Barcelona said in a statement.
Neymar has already missed Barcelona's 3-2 win over Real Sociedad and will also miss Wednesday's game against Osasuna if the Spanish court (TAD) turns down the appeal.
From the story of the first European Championship to Cristiano Ronaldo's epic numbers, take a look at the facts, figures and iconic moments of the tournament.
Barcelona said Garcia’s five-year contract will begin 1 July after his City deal expires. A buyout clause in his contract is set at €400 million ($490 million).
Under Zidane, Madrid fought for the LaLiga title until the final round but finished two points behind Atletico Madrid, failing to defend their title and lift back-to-back league trophies for the first time since 2007-08.