“I don’t really think, because we are not named Serena or Venus Williams, [it] doesn’t mean we don’t know how to play tennis. We showed a very good match today."
- Marion Bartoli when she was asked about the lack of star power in the women’s tour.
"They are not overwhelmed by the occasion. It's nice to see them stepping up to the plate like that."
- Martina Navratilova called the young semi-finalists a "new group" of unproven but promising potential champions.
"It's quite unique. I love the sound of it, you hear the ball hit the racquet more than when it's outdoors; it seems more intimate."
- Maria Sharapova on how she likes playing under the Centre Court roof.
"Court One? That's the worst thing possible for us. If I could choose, it would be more logical to play on Centre."
- Toni Nadal after he learned that Rafael Nadal is scheduled to play on Court One.
"It was very difficult to wait the whole day and keep focus the whole day. I'm glad we managed to play today. It's my mum's birthday today, so I wanted to give her a good gift."
- Victoria Azarenka said in a televised interview having hung around in the locker room as Kvitova's Court One match with Tsvetana Pironkova was delayed by rain.
“I think my game and my left-handedness are an advantage here, for sure… my game is fast and my legs are stronger, so I can move on the grass.”
- Petra Kvitova after reaching the semi-finals.
Updated Date: Jun 29, 2011 16:04 PM