Kolkata: Statistical highlights of the ICC World Twenty20 Super 10 Group 2 match between India and Pakistan at the Eden Gardens.
- For the first time, India have won four consecutive matches vs Pakistan in T20Is - the sequence being by 11 runs at Ahmedabad on 28 December, 2012; by 7 wickets at Dhaka on 21 March 2014, by 5 wickets at Dhaka on 27 February 2016 and by 6 wickets at Kolkata on 19 March 2016.
- Including the bowl-out victory after the match had tied at Durban in 2007, India have won 7 out of eight matches played against Pakistan in T20Is - winning percentage 81.25.
- India enjoys 100 percent record vs Pakistan in the World Cup (six) and World T20 (five), winning all eleven matches, including the one in the bowl out after the match had tied at Durban in the World T20 vs Pakistan.
- India could not capture a single wicket in the first six overs for the first time in 10 T20Is. In their previous nine consecutive matches, they had taken atleast two wickets.
- Ahmed Shehzad (1018) became the fifth Pakistani batsmen to have managed 1,000 runs in T20Is. He has joined Umar Akmal (1633), Mohammad Hafeez (1614), Shoaib Malik (1413) and Shahid Afridi (1372) and Ahmed Shehzad (1018). Five players managing 1,000 runs for one team are the most in this format.
- Ahmed Shehzad, at 24 years 117 days, become the second youngest player to complete 1,000 runs in T20Is. Umar Akmal had recorded the feat at the age of 23 years 180 days.
- Shoaib Malik and Umar Amal have amassed 780 runs in partnerships at an average of 37.14 in 23 innings - the most by a Pakistani pair in T20Is.
- For the first time, Rohit Sharma got out without posting a century in international cricket at Eden Gardens, Kolkata - the sequence of scores being 177 in a Test match vs West Indies in November 2013; 264 in an ODI vs Sri Lanka on 13 November 2014 and 10 in a T20I vs Pakistan on 19 March 2016.
- Rohit is still averaging 150.33 in international cricket at Eden Gardens, Kolkata - his aggregate being 451 in three innings.
- Suresh Raina's first duck vs Pakistan is his second in T20Is. He had recorded his first duck seven years ago vs New Zealand at Wellington on February 27, 2009.
- Shikhar Dhawan has registered four single-digit scores in his last six innings in T20Is - the sequence being 2 vs Bangladesh, 1 vs Sri Lanka, 16 not out vs UAE and 60 vs Bangladesh - all four at Dhaka between 24 February, 2016 and 6 March, 2016 followed by 1 vs New Zealand at Nagpur on 15 March and 6 vs Pakistan at Kolkata on 19 March.
- Virat Kohli is averaging 107.50 in T20Is this year -his aggregate being 430 in nine innings, including five fifties.
- Kohli's career average of 53.55 is the highest by any batsman in T20Is. No other batsman has not even touched 40.00 - the second highest being 39.82 by Aaron Finch.
- Kohli, with eight Man of the Match awards, has set an Indian record for most MOM awards, bettering Yuvraj Singh's tally of seven such awards. Sachin Tendulkar and Kohli are the only two batsmen to have got three MOM awards each against Pakistan in eleven World Cup and World T20 matches. Navjot Singh Sidhu, Amit Mishra, Venkatesh Prasad and Irfan Pathan have got one each.
- Kohli is averaging 83.60 in chases in T20Is - his tally being 836 in 18 innings, including nine fifties. His outstanding average of 109.16 in successful chases is without parallel in T20Is - his tally being 655 in 14 innings, including seven fifties.
- Kohli's record vs Pakistan is excellent in T20Is - his tally being 254 in six innings at an average of 84.66. No other batsman has managed even 170 runs in T20Is involving India and Pakistan.
- Virat Kohli has posted eleven fifties in a winning cause in T20Is. Just one batsman has more fifty-plus innings in a winning cause - 12 (a hundred and eleven fifties) by Brendon McCullum. Kohli's superb tally of 14 fifty-plus innings overall is exceeded only by two batsmen - 15 each by Chris Gayle and Brendon McCullum. Sri Lankan, Tillakaratne Dilshan has also 14 fifties to his credit.
- Kohli and Yuvraj Singh were involved in a match-winning partnership of 61 for the fourth wicket - the sixth between the pair, setting an Indian record in T20Is, surpassing the five each by two pairs - Dhoni and Yuvraj and Rohit Sharma and Kohli.
- Of the nine partnerships of fifty-plus for the fourth wicket for India in T20Is, four are against Pakistan. India's highest partnership for his wicket-position is 97 between MS Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh vs Pakistan at Ahmedabad on December 28, 2012.
- Kohli-Yuvraj pair has managed 557 runs in 14 innings at an average of 42.84. Their average is the second highest by a Indian pair (minimum 300 runs) next only to the 44.28 by Rohit sharma-Virat Kohli pair.
Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.
Updated Date: Mar 20, 2016 10:36:14 IST