Statistical highlights of day two of the second cricket Test between India and New Zealand at Eden Gardens.
- Wriddhiman Saha and Ravindra Jadeja were involved in a stand of 41 -- India's highest eighth wicket partnership vs New Zealand at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, eclipsing the 37 between Jayasinghrao Ghorpade and Chandrakant Patankar in 1955-56.
- Saha (54 n.o.) posted his highest Test score at home surpassing 36 vs South Africa at Nagpur in February 2010.
- Saha and Mohammed Shami put on 35 -- India's highest 10th wicket partnership in Tests vs New Zealand in Kolkata.
- Martin Guptill has been a mediocre performer in Tests in his last seven innings -- the sequence of scores being 11,7, 8, 0, 21, 0 & 13.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar (5/33) has recorded his first instance of five wickets in an innings in Tests in India. His previous best figures in Tests in India were 3/31 vs Australia at Mohali in March 2013.
- Kumar has registered four five-wicket hauls in Tests -- two vs England and one each vs New Zealand and West Indies.
- Bhuvneshwar is the sixth Indian fast bowler to produce five-wicket hauls vs New Zealand in Tests. He has joined Zaheer Khan (four times), Ishant Sharma (twice), Javagal Srinath (twice), Ramakant Desai and Madan Lal.
- Ramakant Desai, Javagal Srinath and Bhuvneshwar are the three Indian fast bowlers to have achieved the feat in Tests at home vs New Zealand.
- New Zealand's first three batsmen scored 15 runs -- Martin Guptill 13, Tom Latham 1 and Henry Nicholls 1. The aggregate is their second lowest in the first innings of a Test vs India. In the 2003-04 Ahmedabad Test, the top three batsmen had managed 14 - Mark Richardson 6, Lou Vincent 7 and Stephen Fleming 1.
- The least runs scored by the top three batsmen from any team vs India in the first innings are 1 for West Indies at Port of Spain in March 1983 -- Gordon Greenidge 0, Desmond Haynes 0 and Vivian Richards 1.
- The runs' tally by the openers in the first innings from both sides produced 24 runs -- the least in the Kolkata Test, surpassing the 32 in the India-West Indies Test in December 1983.
- Luke Ronchi and Ross Taylor put on 62 -- New Zealand's highest fourth-wicket partnership vs India at Eden Gardens in Tests.
Updated Date: Oct 01, 2016 20:32 PM