India vs New Zealand stats wrap: From Tom Latham's Test record in Asia to Ravindra Jadeja's handy cameo
Latham's record in Tests in Asia is splendid - his tally being 338 in six innings at an average of 67.60, including two centuries and a fifty
Kanpur: Statistical highlights on day 2 of the first cricket Test between India and New Zealand in Kanpur on Friday.
- Ravindra Jadeja (42 not out) has recorded his highest score vs New Zealand in Tests, eclipsing the 30 not out at Auckland in February 2014.
- Jadeja's splendid brief knock is his third highest score in Tests. He had scored 68 vs England at Lord's in 2014 and 43 vs Australia at Delhi in 2013.
- Jadeja's above unbeaten innings is the highest by India's number nine batsman in Tests vs New Zealand at Kanpur, obliterating the 27 by Srinivas Venkataraghavan in November 1976. Bapu Nadkarni had posted an unbeaten 52 vs England at this venue in February 1964, which is the the only half-century by a number nine batsman in Tests at Green Park, Kanpur.
- Tom Latham (56 not out off 137 balls) has registered his eighth fifth in Tests - his first vs India.
- Latham's record in Tests in Asia is splendid - his tally being 338 in six innings at an average of 67.60, including two centuries and a fifty.
- Latham's batting stats under Williamson's captaincy are reasonably good - his aggregate being 318 in seven innings at an average of 53.00, including two hundreds and a fifty.
- Latham's eleven innings of 50-plus are the third highest by New Zealand openers away from home next only to John Wright (14 in 66 innings) and Mark Richardson (13 in 37).
- Kane Williamson (65 not out off 115 balls) has posted his third fifty vs India - his 23rd in Tests.
- Williamson is enjoying superb batting record in Tests in 2016 - his aggregate is 563 in eleven innings at an average of 70.37, including a century and five fifties.
- Latham and Williamson were involved in an unbroken second-wicket stand of 117 - New Zealand's highest stand for any wicket in Tests at Green Park, Kanpur, eclipsing the 106 for the third wicket between Mark Burgess and Glenn Turner in November 1976.
- A century stand has been recorded by a visiting team vs India for the first time after seven Tests.
- Williamson and Latham have shared six century stands in only 24 innings, emulating a New Zealand record. Two pairs -Andrew Jones-John Wright and Ross Taylor-Kane Williamson -have posted six century stands in Tests.
- Jadeja and Yadav were associated in a partnership of 41 - India's highest tenth-wicket partnership vs New Zealand at Kanpur, bettering the 31 (unbroken) between Bishan Singh Bedi and Bhagwath Chandrasekhar in November 1976.
The 30-year-old, who has been captaining Middlesex this season, couldn't play their Championship Group Two game on Sunday after being forced into isolation following a positive test result.
India vs Select County XI: KL Rahul slams brilliant ton as visitors end opening day of warm up game at 306/9
Ravindra Jadeja (75 off 146 balls) also played his part to perfection during the 127-run fifth wicket stand with Rahul after the top-order failed to make optimal use of proper game time.
India vs Select County XI, Test Live Streaming: When and where to watch County Select XI vs India Live Match Streaming Online
Here's all you need to know about the County Select XI vs India tour match at Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street.