Statistical highlights from day one of the fourth cricket Test between India and England in Mumbai on Thursday.
- Keaton Jennings became the third England batsman after Bryan Valentine and Alastair Cook and the eighth overall to register a hundred on Test debut in India.
- Apart from the three England batsmen, two New Zealanders, Bruce Taylor and Kane Williamson, Australia's Michael Clarke, West Indian, Gordon Greenidge and South Africa's Alviro Petersen have accomplished the feat.
- Jennings is the eighth England opener to post a hundred on Test debut.
- Overall, 19 England players have recorded centuries on Test debut. Jonathan Trott was the last England batsman to post a century on Test debut - 119 vs Australia at The Oval in 2009.
- Jennings' 112 is the highest by a visiting opener on Test debut vs India in India, surpassing the 107 by Gordon Greenidge at Bangalore in November 1974.
- Alastair Cook (2027 runs at an average of 51. 97 in 24 Tests) has become the first England batsman and the sixth overall to complete 2,000 runs or more vs India in Tests.
- Cook's tally of 1158 runs at an average of 55.14 in 12 Testsby an England batsman vs India in India is a record.
- Having scored 2117 runs at an average of 39.20 in 30 Tests vs Australia, Cook became the fourth England batsman to amass 2,000 runs or more against two opponents in Tests, joining Wally Hammond, Geoff Boycott and Graham Gooch.
- Moeen Ali (50) has registered his ninth fifty in Tests - his first vs India.
- Moeen's score is his second highest against India next only to the 117 at Rajkot in Novembeer 2016.
- Moeen's series aggregate of 191 (ave. 31.83) in four Tests is his highest in a Test series away from home - his highest being 316 (ave. 63.20) in four Tests vs Pakistan in England in 2016.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has taken his tally to 63 at 22.57 runs apiece in eleven Tests this year - his highest wicket aggregate in a calendar year, eclipsing the 62 at an average of 17.20 in nine Tests in 2015.
- Ashwin has taken 239 wickets at an average of 24.65 in 43 Tests, eclipsing Javagal Srinath's tally of 236 (ave. 30.49) in 67 Tests.
- Ashwin enjoys an impressive record in Tests at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai - his tally being 22 (ave. 25.72) in four Tests. Only at Ferozshah Kotla, Delhi, he has taken more wickets in Tests - 23 at 14. 21 runs apiece in three Tests.
- In 21 successive Tests under his captaincy, Virat Kohli has not played the same playing XI. Besides him, Ajinkya Rahane has appeared in most Tests (20).
Your guide to the latest election news, analysis, commentary, live updates and schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 543 constituencies for the upcoming general elections.
Updated Date: Dec 08, 2016 21:18:26 IST