Rajkot: Statistical highlights on the fifth and final day of the first cricket Test between India and England, in Rajkot.
- Alastair Cook's tally of 17 centuries away from home is the highest by an England batsman in Tests. Ken Barrington has the next best tally (13)
- Cook has extended his record for most centuries (30) for England in Tests. In all, 13 batsmen have registered 30 hundreds or more in Tests.
- Cook is the first visiting batsman to hit five centuries vs India in India. The second place with four hundreds each is shared by three players - Everton Weekes (WI), Hashim Amla (SA) and Clive Lloyd (WI)
- Cook, with six centuries overall vs India, has equalled Kevin Pietersen's tally. Both share a record for most centuries for England vs India in Tests.
- Cook, with 12 centuries as captain, has overtaken Graham Gooch's tally of 11, setting an England record in Tests. Peter May had scored 10.
- In the third match innings in Tests, Cook has managed 12, equalling Kumar Sangakkara's tally. Three other players have scored ten hundreds each - Sachin Tendulkar, Jacques Kallis and Matthew Hayden.
- Cook is the fourth visiting batsman to complete 1000 runs in Tests in India - 1017 at an average of 63.56 in 9 Tests. He has joined Clive Lloyd (1359 at 75.50 in 14), Gordon Greenidge (1042 at 45.30 in 14) and Matthew Hayden (1027 at 51.35 in 11).
- Gautam Gambhir has recorded his seventh duck in Tests -his second vs England. His tally of four ducks at home includes one each against England, Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
- Since his comeback to Test Cricket this year, Gambhir has averaged 27.00 - his tally being 108 in four innings, including a fifty.
- Cook and Hameed were involved in a stand of 180 - the highest opening partnership by a visiting pair vs India in the second innings of a Test match.
- This partnership is England's highest opening stand vs India in India in Tests, surpassing the 178 between Tim Robinson and Graeme Fowler at Chennai in January 1985.
- Virat Kohli (49 not out) has posted his second highest Test score vs England in 10 Tests next only to the 103 at Nagpur in December 2012.
- Kohli is enjoying his best ever year in Tests in terms of averages - his tally being 649 runs in eight Tests at an average of 59.00, including two hundreds.
- Kohli has managed 718 runs in 15 innings at an average of 65.27 in the fourth innings in Tests. The said average is the highest by an Indian batsman in the fourth innings in Tests (minimum 500 runs).
- Adil Rashid (7/178) has recorded his best bowling figures in a Test match, eclipsing the 5 for 227 vs Pakistan at Abu Dhabi in October 2015.
- Moeen Ali has got his third Man of the match award in Tests - one each vs Pakistan (149 runs + 2 wickets) at Birmingham in 2016) South Africa (7 wickets) at Durban in 2015-16) and vs India (117 runs + 3 wickets) at Rajkot in 2016-17).
- Haseeb Hameed (82) has posted the second highest score by an England opener on Test debut vs India - the highest being Alastair Cook's 104 not out at Nagpur in 2005-06.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has conceded 230 runs while capturing three wickets - the most conceded by him in a home Test, eclipsing the 225 vs New Zealand at Kanpur in September 2016.
- Ashwin's bowling average (76.66) in this Test is his second worst in a home Test behind the 83.50 vs England at Mumbai in November 2012.
Firstpost is now on WhatsApp. For the latest analysis, commentary and news updates, sign up for our WhatsApp services. Just go to Firstpost.com/Whatsapp and hit the Subscribe button.
Updated Date: Nov 13, 2016 21:47:22 IST