Former CAB treasurer Biswarup Dey says Sourav Ganguly lacked transparency in ticket allocation

Former Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) treasurer Biswarup Dey on Monday launched a fresh tirade against the Sourav Ganguly-led CAB alleging discrepancy in ticket distribution

PTI February 07, 2017 09:47:03 IST
Former CAB treasurer Biswarup Dey says Sourav Ganguly lacked transparency in ticket allocation

Kolkata: Former Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) treasurer Biswarup Dey on Monday launched a fresh tirade against the Sourav Ganguly led Cricket Association of Bengal alleging discrepancy in ticket distribution for the India-England ODI on 22 January.

Former CAB treasurer Biswarup Dey says Sourav Ganguly lacked transparency in ticket allocation

A file photo of Sourav Ganguly. PTI

Dey took on his bete noire Ganguly in a news conference accusing Ganguly and trustee Board chairman and former BCCI joint secretary Gautam Dasgupta lacking "transparency".

Dey, who was forced out of CAB having completed nine years in administration, alleged that Dasgupta and his team had "unethically" denied him the "allotted quota of complimentary tickets."

Ganguly, however, has refuted the allegations and said Dey would always take 200-300 tickets per match every time when there's a match at Eden Gardens.

"He always takes about 200 to 300 tickets from me, so his allegations are baseless. I don't want to comment further," Ganguly said.

Citing Lodha's verdict of transparency, Dey in a letter to Ganguly stated: "Lodha in his recommendation stated that the distribution of tickets for International/Indian Premier League matches should have transparency.

"In my case, the transparency of distribution of tickets is a question to CAB... I request you to kindly intervene in the matter and resolve the issue," he wrote in his letter to Ganguly.

Dey argued that they could have allotted him tickets on basis of a former joint-secretary or a member of CAB affiliated unit even as his administrative career was ended on basis of Lodha verdict.

"I am very surprised that after rendering services to CAB in different capacities for the past several years, not a single ticket was given to me."

Demanding a reply with valid reasons within a week's time frame, Dey further threatened to move the Board.

Resorting to mud-slinging, Dey further claimed that he was made a victim of the Lodha Committee recommendation something that's non-applicable to Dasgupta, chairman of the Board of Trustees.

"He's well past 70 years and has had nine years in tenure... How come he's still continuing?" he asked.

To this, Dasgupta replied: "It seems he does not know my age."

On the allegations about ticket distribution, Dasgupta passed the buck to Ganguly.

"It was purely president's call. Ticket distribution was looked after by the President. As per the list given by him, Dey's name was not mentioned along with two more office bearers," Dasgupta clarified.

Updated Date:

also read

'I get that': Stuart Broad says he understands why India pulled out of Manchester Test
First Cricket News

'I get that': Stuart Broad says he understands why India pulled out of Manchester Test

Stuart Broad also said that he would be happy to go to Australia for the Ashes despite fear of strict COVID-19 protocols.

Team India and England to play one Test in UK in summer of 2022, says report
First Cricket News

Team India and England to play one Test in UK in summer of 2022, says report

This big development has come after the fifth India-England Test was cancelled earlier this month due to the coronavirus outbreak amid the Team India camp.

BCCI chief Sourav Ganguly wants rescheduled Test to be fifth match of series, not a one-off
First Cricket News

BCCI chief Sourav Ganguly wants rescheduled Test to be fifth match of series, not a one-off

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has written to the ICC seeking a Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC) verdict on the fate of the cancelled match that was to be played at Old Trafford, Manchester. The ICC is yet to comment on the matter.