- Olivier Giroud's move from Montpellier to Arsenal is not the only major signing that this year. Arsenal have already snapped up Lukas Podolski from FC Cologne and their early deals this year have sparked rumours that Robin van Persie might eventually leave this summer.
- Chelsea as usual have made a big-money signing already. Lille's much-coveted playmaker Eden Hazard has completed his move for a reported £32 million. Marko Marin will also wear blue from this year. The winger has moved from Werder Bremen. Didier Drogba has moved to Shanghai Shenhua on a free.
- The other big guns, Manchester United, have also been quick in their capture of Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund. The player will become the first Japanese to play for the club. Nick Powell, the highly-rated teenager has also made a £4 million move from Crewe Alexandra. Tomasz Kuszczak has made a move to Brighton.
- As for Liverpool, their new manager Brendan Rodgers is in the market for Gylfi Sigurdsson, whom he signed on loan from Hoffenheim last season at Swansea. Reports suggest that he is close to completing the deal. As for sales, Dirk Kuyt has moved to Turkish club Fenerbahce.
- At Tottenham Hotspur, midfielder Niko Kranjcar has had enough of bench-warming. He has sealed a move to Dynamo Kiev in the hope for regular football. Ryan Nelsen has also moved to Queens Park Rangers.
- But it seems a mystery why Fulham didn't offer Danny Murphy a good contract. The Englishman created more chances than any other player in the top-flight last season. He has joined Blackburn Rovers, who were ready to give him two years.
- Bolton goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen has moved to West Ham.
Your guide to the latest seat tally, live updates, analysis and list of winners for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 542 constituencies on counting day of the general elections.
Updated Date: Jun 26, 2012 20:20:18 IST