Chelsea and Burnley are yet to play, but 18 Premier League teams kicked off their campaigns on 16 and 17 August -- with Swansea shocking Manchester United in the first match and champions Manchester City seeing off Newcastle in the last weekend fixture.
Here are all the stats from all the matches:
Liverpool 2-1 Southampton
- Liverpool have found the back of the net in 28 of their last 29 Premier League matches.
- Raheem Sterling has scored in both of his last two games against Southampton.
- Since the start of last season, Daniel Sturridge’s goals have earned Liverpool 22 points in the Premier League.
- At the final whistle at Anfield, Southampton were the only Premier League away side this weekend not to take the lead in a game.
- Southampton have won just one of their last eight opening games in the Premier League.
Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City
- City have scored in each of their last 14 Premier League matches.
- No defending Premier League champions have lost their opening match of the following season (W20 D3).
- City have won five and lost none of their last six opening-weekend league fixtures, keeping five clean sheets in the process.
Manchester Utd 1-2 Swansea City
- It is the first time Manchester United have lost on the opening weekend at Old Trafford in the Premier League (W8 D3).
- It is the first time in the league Swansea have won away at Old Trafford (D2 L9).
- Ki’s goal had more passes in the build-up than any Premier League goal last season (29, most last season was also Swansea, Bony v Arsenal, 24).
- United have lost 10 of their last 24 Premier League home matches (W11 D3).
- Wayne Rooney scored his 174th Premier League goal, going one behind Thierry Henry, who is the third top-scoring - player in Premier League history. He has scored as many Premier League goals for Man Utd as Cantona, Beckham and Roy Keane combined.
- On three occasions the team to win the Premier League title has lost their first game - all three were Manchester United.
Leicester City 2-2 Everton
- Leonardo Ulloa has scored on the opening day of the last two campaigns (scored for Brighton v Leeds last season). He is only the fifth player with a name beginning with “U” to score in the Premier League (Ullathorne, Utaka, Upson, Unsworth).
- There were only 100 seconds between McGeady and Ulloa’s goals.
- Leicester have won none of their last six fixtures on the opening weekend of the Premier League (D4 L2).
- Not since the opening game of the 2009/10 Premier League season has Roberto Martinez enjoyed a victory on the first weekend, drawing three and losing two since then with Everton & Wigan.
- Twelve of the 17 BPL clashes between these sides have ended level, giving it the highest draw percentage of any Premier League fixture (10+ games, 71%).
Queens Park Rangers 0-1 Hull City
- Queens Park Rangers conceded a joint-Championship-high 11 goals from corners last season. James Chester’s winner was also from a corner.
- Qpr have taken just one point from seven opening weekend matches in the Premier League (D1 L6).
- QPR have won just four of their last 40 Premier League matches.
- Joey Barton created six chances today, twice as many as any other Premier League player.
Stoke City 0-1 Aston Villa
- Stoke City have conceded exactly once in each of their last five Premier League matches and have managed three clean sheets in their last 23 league outings.
- Stoke have won just one of their seven Premier League openers (D2 L4).
- Aston Villa ended a run of nine away league matches without a win (D2 L7) after ending last term with six consecutive away defeats.
West Bromwich Albion 2-2 Sunderland
- Gus Poyet became the fourth different manager Sunderland have had on the opening weekend in the last four seasons and the fifth in the last seven.
- Sunderland scored on the opening day for the first time since 2011/12.
- Saido Berahino scored the same number of goals today as he had in his last 18 Premier League appearances (two).
West Ham United 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur
- This was Sam Allardyce’s 400th Premier League game as a manager.
- Mark Noble had scored his last 10 Premier League penalties before his miss against Spurs. His last two penalty misses have both been in London derbies (v Chelsea and Spurs).
- After 35 Premier League meetings without being shown a red card against West Ham, Spurs have received two in the last two clashes (Younes Kaboul in May 2013 and Kyle Naughton in this match).
- West Ham had 18 attempts at goal in this game, of which four were on target.
Arsenal 2-1 Crystal Palace
- Arsenal have won their opening Premier League match for the first time since winning 6-1 at Everton in 2009.
- Arsenal have now won 100 Premier League matches at Emirates Stadium.
- Laurent Koscielny has one goal and two red cards in opening-day matches for Arsenal.
- Aaron Ramsey (106) and Mikel Arteta (105) each made over 100 passes in this game, more than anyone in the Premier League on Saturday.
- After going three entire Premier League seasons ( and 97 matches) without a goal, Brede Hangeland scored on his debut for Crystal Palace.
Stats courtesy premierleague.com, Infostrada and Opta
Updated Date: Aug 18, 2014 11:04:34 IST