Coronavirus Outbreak: Tottenham confirm positive COVID-19 test after latest round of Premier League testing
Tottenham said that the person who tested positive was asymptomatic. No matches have been played in the Premier League since March when the novel coronavirus outbreak shut down world sport.
One person has tested positive for COVID-19 in the latest round of testing ahead of the Premier League’s restart on 17 June, the league announced on Wednesday.
Tottenham Hotspur confirmed in a later statement that they received the one positive test.
In the three previous rounds of testing since players resumed training last month, there were 12 positives.
"The Premier League can today confirm that on Monday 1 June and Tuesday 2 June, 1197 players and club staff were tested for COVID-19. Of these, one has tested positive," it said in a statement here
“The individual who tested positive will now self-isolate for a period of seven days.”
Spurs said that the person who tested positive was asymptomatic.
No matches have been played in the Premier League since March when the novel coronavirus outbreak shut down world sport.
Clubs voted to resume contact training, including tackling, this week and British media reported teams will be allowed to play friendly matches in a bid to regain match fitness before the remaining nine rounds of fixtures are played.
Precaution dose is available for all eligible beneficiaries above 18 years, after six months from the date of administration of the second dose
Amid a rise in coronavirus infections in some parts of the country, the central government has asked Delhi and six states to ensure adequate testing, promote Covid-appropriate behaviour and increase the pace of vaccination to contain the surge
Easy access to this kind of test could help people determine what kind of precautions they should take against COVID-19 infection, such as getting an additional booster shot, the researchers said