All the top stats from PSG vs Chelsea, which ended 3-1 in favour of the French team and Real Madrid vs Borussia Dortmund, which the Spaniards won 3-0.
- The last time there wasn't at least one English side in a European competition semi-final was 2002-03. Manchester United and Chelsea are both in danger of being knocked out at the quarterfinal stage.
- Chelsea join United, Liverpool & Spurs in conceding 3+ goals in a Champions League QF first leg. The others were eliminated. This is also only the second time in 21 Champions League games that Chelsea have conceded 3+ goals.
- Chelsea also conceded as many goals vs PSG as they had in their previous seven Champions League games. They've also kept a clean sheet in only two of their 17 Champions League quarter-final matches.
- Chelsea did not have a shot on target after Eden Hazard's first half penalty.
- Paris SG have conceded three penalties in their last four Champions League games.
- Ezequiel Lavezzi has scored three goals in three Champions League games against Chelsea, more than against any other side.
- The result makes Chelsea 24-76 underdogs, but they overcame this exact score against Napoli in 2011/12 and went on to win the trophy.
REAL MADRID vs DORTMUND
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 14th Champions League goal of the season, equalling Lionel Messi's record in 2011-12.
- Gareth Bale has now scored five goals and assisted three more in eight Champions League appearances for Real Madrid.
- Before last night's defeat, Dortmund had won their last three UCL quarter final ties, including a victory over Spanish side Malaga last season.
- Real Madrid went into the match on the back of a nine game unbeaten run in the Champions League (W8 D1) — their last defeat, ironically, was in Dortmund.
- Ronaldo has scored at least one goal in his last eight Champions League appearances — only Ruud van Nistelrooy had a longer run (9 games in 2002/03).
- Both Gareth Bale & Ezequiel Lavezzi scored after 176 seconds last night.
- The final score in Madrid makes Real 93.8% favourites to advance. They have defended this score successfully on eight occasions.
- Real Madrid have now scored at least twice in 10 successive Champions League matches, equaling the competition record by Sevilla FC (2007-2009).
- Ronaldo made his 100th appearance in the Champions League main competition. He is Portugal's 2nd centurion behind Luis Figo (103).
Stats from Opta and Infostrada.
Your guide to the latest election news, analysis, commentary, live updates and schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 543 constituencies for the upcoming general elections.
Updated Date: Apr 03, 2014 15:14:11 IST