All the numbers from Wednesday night's Arsenal vs Bayern Munich Champions League round of 16 fixture — which the Bavarians won 2-0.
- Per Mertesacker blocked six shots vs Bayern, a joint-Champions League high for a player in a game since September 2006.
- Toni Kroos completed the same number of passes as the 12 Arsenal outfield players combined tonight (147). Phillip Lahm and Kroos exchanged the most passes in the Bayern team with 30. Kroos also received 154 passes from his teammates.
- Arsenal managed just 12% possession in the second half, completing just 38 passes after half-time.
- Lahm has now assisted Bayern Munich's last three goals against Arsenal in the Champions League.
- Kroos' goal was the 100th that Bayern have scored in all competitions this season. He was the milestone man of the night.
- The 100 red cards for Arsenal under Arsene Wenger have been given to 50 different players and against 42 different opponents. Quite a spread.
- Arjen Robben has won three penalties in the Champions League this season, more than any other player.
- Since August 2010, only Bayern Munich (4) have missed more penalties than Arsenal (3) in the Champions League. Mesut Ozil is the only player to have missed two penalties in the Champions League so far this season.
- Arjen Robben has scored six goals and delivered four assists in his last seven Champions League games for Bayern.
- Before last night, Arsenal had kept 11 clean sheets and had conceded just two goals in their last 13 competitive matches at the Emirates Stadium — just proof that they aren't so easy to beat at home.
- To top it, Arsenal were the last team to keep a clean sheet vs Bayern in a competitive game (2-0 at the Allianz Arena on 13 March 2013). You can put that record to bed.
- Bayern attempted a season-high 984 passes (255 short, 638 mediud and 91 long) compared to Arsenal's 300 (78 short, 158 medium and 64 long). Bayern completed 87% of those passes while Arsenal just 62%.
- Another whopping statistic in favour of Bayern are the solo runs — 220 compared to Arsenal's 31. Out of those 220, 117 were in key areas. Arsenal made just eight runs into the key area.
- The most number of exchanges between any two Arsenal players were just six — between Bacary Sagna and Per Mertesacker, and between Mertesacker and Mathieu Flamini. Mesut Ozil received the most number of overall passes -- just 27.
Stats from Opta and official Champions League website
Your guide to the latest cricket World Cup stories, analysis, reports, opinions, live updates and scores on https://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/series/icc-cricket-world-cup-2019.html. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates throughout the ongoing event in England and Wales.
Updated Date: Feb 20, 2014 13:15:59 IST