After postponing China Masters, Dutch Open twice, BWF cancels tournaments due to coronavirus
Badminton’s World Tour is due to restart with the Taipei Open during the first week of September, followed by the Korea Open a week later.
Badminton’s BWF Tour Super 100 events in China and Netherlands have been cancelled due to the coronavirus crisis, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) said on Tuesday.
The China Masters, originally scheduled for February and March, was initially postponed until May and then moved again to August, while the Dutch Open had been due to take place in October in Almere, Netherlands.
Both Super 100 tournaments have now been removed from the BWF’s revamped calendar.
However, badminton’s World Tour is due to restart with the Taipei Open during the first week of September, followed by the Korea Open a week later.
The season-ending World Tour Finals in Guangzhou, China has been pushed back a week and will now conclude on 20 December.
National Games: ‘My focus is World Tour Finals’, says HS Prannoy after guiding Kerala to Mixed Team Quarterfinals
HS Prannoy, currently in the top 15 of the latest rankings, said that he would like to make his way back to the elite top 10 shuttlers.
HS Prannoy returns to top 15 in BWF World Rankings after impressive performances; PV Sindhu remains 6th
Prannoy, who reached back-to-back quarter-finals at the World Championships and Japan Open Super 750, jumped a spot to 15th.
Yoshihito Nishioka is set to rise to a career-high 41 after adding Korea Open crown to his triumph at the 2018 Shenzhen Open in China.