Saradha Group chief Sudipta Sen has sent an 18-page letter to the CBI alleging that several top politicians and officials in the state blackmailed him for two years.
In a letter dated 6 April, 2013, Sen threatened to commit suicide and wrote that he "...cannot live in a society where people call me cheat or fraud or use slang against me," since unscrupulous people had collected money from the public in his name.
Sen not only described his close links with two Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha members, but also listed 22 persons who "used him" to make money.
Here is all you need to know about two TMC MPs Kunal Ghosh and Srinjoy Bose:
Kunal Ghosh is a Rajya Sabha member of the Trinamool Congress
* Ghosh, a journalist, was earlier group CEO of Saradha's media unit
* Ghosh drew a salary of Rs 16 lakh per month from Saradha
* Saradha media group owned about 10 publications and TV channels
* He was earlier the editor of Tutu Bose-owned 'Sambad Pratidin'
* He left the Saradha group in 2011.
Srinjoy Bose is also a Rajya Sabha MP of the Trinamool Congress
* He has allegedly been named by chit fund CMD Sudipta Sen as one of the two TMC MPs who blackmailed him
* Bose is the son of shipping magnate Tutu Bose
* Bose owns a stake in one of the country's top football club 'Mohun Bagan'
* Bose was also the owner of 'Sambad Pratidin', the daily which had Kunal Ghosh as its editor.
Your guide to the latest election news, analysis, commentary, live updates and schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on firstpost.com/elections. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram or like our Facebook page for updates from all 543 constituencies for the upcoming general elections.
Updated Date: Dec 21, 2014 02:13:35 IST