New Delhi - Following is the list of sops that Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced during his speech on the eve of the New Year.
1) For the poor: Two new schemes under PM Awaas Yojna. Home loans for poor and middle class people up to Rs 9 lakh will get 4 percent exemption on interest and 3 percent for up to Rs 12 lakh loans.
2) For farmers: Sixty days interest waiver for farm loans taken from from district co-operative banks and co-operative societies.
3) For senior citizens: 8 percent interest up to Rs 7.5 lakh deposit by senior citizens in banks.
4) For small businesses: Credit guarantee for micro small and medium enterprises to be raised to Rs 2 crore from current Rs 1 crore.
5) For women: Pregnant women across India will be given Rs 6,000 in their bank accounts to take care of initial medical needs.
6) For farmers: The government will convert 3 crore Kisan Credit cards to RUpay Credit cards.
7) For small businesses: Banks have been asked to raise cash credit limit for small businesses to 25 percent from 20 percent.
Find latest and upcoming tech gadgets online on Tech2 Gadgets. Get technology news, gadgets reviews & ratings. Popular gadgets including laptop, tablet and mobile specifications, features, prices, comparison.
Updated Date: Dec 31, 2016 21:05:52 IST